Welcome viewer. For a bit over a decade this blog has showcased some of my favourite home audio projects. Many useful and fun builds based on engineering and measurement – not marketing. There are speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, analogue filters, crossovers etc., but no open baffle nonsense, nothing vinyl-related or otherwise of the audiophile variety! No sales pitches, golden ears, “signature reference” cables, or other silly nonsense either. And there’s nothing for sale here at all, and no ads of any kind.
With over 40 years of experience in the hobby and a degree in engineering, I’m reasonably competent, but certainly no scientist, audio professional or guru. Sufficient faceless and incompetent examples of the latter dilapidate the internet already!
The site isn’t an authoritative source of information. It’s simply a place where I post some projects and ideas. If nothing else, I hope others doing similar things might enjoy the descriptions and pictures.
Oh … and as a kid (over half a century ago!) I loved those shows with the crazy aliens, so my stupid nonsense will be limited to ensuring their random appearances here on the revamped site.
As of Dec 2020, The blog will concentrate more on scale model building as I have no other audio projects in the pipeline. Maybe a page detailing any audio repair though.
Most recent page: Chario Speaker Overhaul (January 2021)
Other recent pages:
Coming soon: Zero Latency Soundbar (yes I changed my mind) 😀
Comments are open at the foot of most project pages in case you’re a real person and wish to say something intelligent. There is SSL encryption. However spammers beware! Claudius here → (a Space Enforcer) is onto you! Also as Editorial Chief he doesn’t take kindly to any comment containing “to” for “too”. He vaporises any comment containing two such occurrences, and anything considered extraneous or hostile! 😈
Site search and links to the most recent comments are in the menu bar. →
Ian (located in Oz)
- All statements both above and on the indexed pages consist of mere opinion and possess neither merit nor basis in fact (unless proven otherwise).
- Validity (or otherwise) of any such statement as referenced at Disclaimer 1 is to be assessed solely by the reader’s independent enquiries.
- If you try any of the projects and kill yourself with high voltage, then don’t come crying to me! Note: Disclaimers 1 and 2 exclude Disclaimer 3. 😆
- I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on the pages and I endorse none of them.
- © Copyright in all original material on this site is mine! Note: This excludes any public domain material that I pinched.
- All comments that get past the spam filters are vetted. If you post a comment, you are responsible for it. I’ll edit or delete it if you ask me to.
- Any comment that contains a product endorsement that I don’t like, or a religious or political reference of any kind will be sent to the cornfield!
- Although parts of this site are a wind-up, most of it isn’t.